Wednesday 30 November 2011

Some ideas on 'puzzling through'

Wanted to share some ideas with you! I originally wrote this in one of my journal entries, have recently expanded on it and wanted to share...

David Boud wrote "writing is a means of puzzling through what is happening in our work and our personal lives."(2001)

I took this extract from the module handbook and at first reading it was an interesting quote, something to think about, that might spark ideas. On reading the paragraph it was clear that 'puzzling through' is an idea that I must get used to.
Now that I've been journaling it did spark ideas!
I began thinking of ways you approach a puzzle. I’ve used a jigsaw puzzle as my inspiration.

Black= The Piece       Blue= The reason        Orange= In relation to my journal


The corners piece:           The key stone, without which they'll never be definition.                            Your outline, the reason for writing.

The Edge:                            The outline                        Making a guided structure.

The middle pieces:          You then create the picture. The details that make a product.     How you link your descriptions and ides together to finish your entry into something of interest.

The reflection:                  What you’ve achieved.                 How to use what you've done to change, improve and re-use.


1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of visualising reflection. If I were to apply this to what I do, sometimes there seems to be a missing piece to the puzzle, but that is when I have to figure out what it is and go find out about it or do it.... Mason (2002) talks about inquiry as an 'intellectual puzzle' - and that also seems to make sense to me. I enjoyed discussing reflection with you today - and you seem to making progress in thinking through some of the insights on your experience from the various aspects of your professional life.

    ReplyDelete