Thursday 22 November 2012

Campus session 3


I attended the 10-1 module 3 campus session... alone!!! So for those of you who didn’t make it, here are some of the things I learnt.  

During my planning for the critical review a section that I’ve struggled to fully understand is the Analysis bit. So I was extremely happy when lots of the slides Paula wrote about are further explanations of analysis and the components to analysing. 

Tip 1: View the slide share on Paula’s blog for campus session 3. Paula: Campus session 3 Slideshare

Tip 2: There is a difference between literature and documents. Documents may come in the form of websites, leaflets, blogs etc. 

Tip 3: Interpret the evidence rather than give your opinion.

Tip 4: When reading back through your draft constantly ask ‘What do you mean?’ This will help to stop you from being vague.

Tip 5: Don’t be put off with lack of response with your data collection, these are findings, ask why it happened and what you would have done differently.

BIG REQUEST: Had an idea that could make our lives quite a bit easier. I believe it would be really helpful to us all if we add a text box at the top of our blogs containing a brief summary of our inquiry topic. When reading through others blogs I’ve found that I don’t always feel I can comment as I don’t know enough of there inquiry outline and don’t have enough time to read back through all their other blogs to find the original topic. A couple lines description would be really helpful! 

Hope everyone’s getting on okay. We’re in the last few weeks so time to power on through!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for writing up about the campus session. It's great when those that go send out ideas via the blogs about the experience.
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete